Learn About LTL Freight Shipping
Less-Than-Truckload Freight Shipping, also known as LTL Freight, is an alternative to parcel carriers like UPS and FedEx that use large trucks to move pallets of goods or materials across the country. We use LTL Shipping to deliver our Monolith Fire Tower or orders with multiple quantities of our smaller products when the dimensions or weight of the order exceed what FedEx or UPS can transport.
Your order is carefully packaged on top of a wooden pallet for easy handling by fork lifts. The pallet is loaded onto a large semi-trailer for transport to a regional distribution center. Depending on your location the pallet is then loaded onto a smaller truck for final delivery or may continue to your address in a large tractor-trailer. We always order an electronic lift-gate delivery for residential customers so that the pallet can be lowered down to ground level without the need for special equipment on your end.
Things to consider when receiving your LTL Delivery
- LTL Shipments often take a few more days to deliver than parcel carriers like FedEx
- LTL Shipments require someone to be at home to sign for and receive the delivery. We always ask that the freight company call prior to the delivery to schedule a time that is most convenient for you during normal business hours.
- If you have a narrow driveway, no turnaround, or low-hanging trees it may not be possible for the truck to reach your home. Drivers work hard to make things as convenient as possible but it may be necessary to unload the shipment on a curb or at the end of the driveway. Be sure to visit with the dispatcher when you schedule your delivery about any special circumstances you may have so that they can assist you in receiving your delivery. If they find you do not have access for a full-sized semi-trailer they may be able to transfer the pallet to a smaller box truck for easier delivery.
- If your driveway allows access the driver will be able to lower the pallet to ground level near your home or garage. If you have a concrete approach they will often wheel the pallet right into your garage for you to unpack later.
- Missed delivery appointments can result in a redelivery charge so it is very important to keep the appointment.
If you have any questions about LTL Freight Shipments please use the chat function at the bottom of the website to speak with one of our reps or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond promptly. Thanks!